Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/10/07 16:04:18 UTC

[Jelly] Running custom Ant task problem

Hi,

I would like to run an Ant custom task in Jelly but there are some
problems. I get:

    [runservertests] [ERROR] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
E:\Vma\Projets\Encours\junitbook\junitbo
ok\chapter09\build.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
    [runservertests] [ERROR]    at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl.parse(ProjectHelper
Impl.java:178)
    [runservertests] [ERROR]    at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper
.java:117)
    [runservertests] [ERROR]    at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:353)
    [runservertests] [ERROR]    at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:
143)
    [runservertests] [ERROR]    at
org.apache.cactus.ant.StartServerHelper.run(Unknown Source)

The runservertests Ant task uses the Ant callTarget() method. It seems
that Ant then calls configureProject() and tries to initialize and fails
when it does not find a build.xml file ...

My jelly script is:

  <taskdef name="runservertests"
    classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.RunServerTestsTask">
    <classpath>
      <pathelement
location="${plugin.getDependencyPath('cactus:cactus-ant')}"/>
    </classpath>
  </taskdef>

    <runservertests testURL="... "
      startTarget="cactus:tomcat-4x-start"
      stopTarget="cactus:tomcat-4x-stop"
      testTarget="cactus:test"/>

One last piece of information: I'm calling the runservertests task from
an imported jelly script (i.e. the main jelly script imports another
script). Would that be an issue?

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [Jelly] Running custom Ant task problem

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
I am writing a maven plugin (a cactus maven plugin actually). I should
have mentioned that...

Thanks
-Vincent

Jelly