Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Shirk <sh...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> on 2003/05/09 17:59:39 UTC

[OT?] - Broken image links on first request using Tomcat 4.1.18 / Apache 2.0.45 / mod_jk

I'm having a strange problem with connecting Tomcat and Apache using
mod_jk. Everything seems to work fine, except on the first request when
session information is appended to each image and link on the page. Apache
chokes on the appended jsessionid path info, and every image breaks. My
problem is identical to one posted to the Tomcat mailing list last year:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=103771911024973&w=2

Unfortunately, I haven't found an acceptable workaround for the problem.
Using mod_rewrite doesn't work, and forwarding paths that include
jsessionid to Tomcat is apparently impossible using legal JkMount syntax
(no regular expressions allowed).

Anybody have an answer for this?

Andrew