Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Bhat, Suma" <Su...@bmc.com> on 2009/06/29 16:32:09 UTC

Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5 - Date problem.

I see the following exception in my java client when the response contains a date attribute value that looks like:
2009-06-25

java.lang.NumberFormatException: date string can not be less than 19 charactors
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertToDateTime(ConverterUtil.java:993)
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.typemapping.SimpleTypeMapper.makeDate(SimpleTypeMapper.java:313)
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.typemapping.SimpleTypeMapper.getSimpleTypeObject(SimpleTypeMapper.java:114)
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.deserialize(BeanUtil.java:397)
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.processObject(BeanUtil.java:682)
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.ProcessElement(BeanUtil.java:601)
        at org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.deserialize(BeanUtil.java:562)
        at org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.RPCServiceClient.invokeBlocking(RPCServiceClient.java:104)
        at com.bmc.bcan.ws.client.DeviceServiceStub.getDevices(DeviceServiceStub.java:86)

I see this was a problem that was fixed in 1.4.1, as per : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4075
But I continue to see the problem in 1.5. Please help.

Thanks,
Suma

RE: Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5 - Date problem.

Posted by "Bhat, Suma" <Su...@bmc.com>.
Yes. I got around this problem by changing Date types to Calendar types.

I found the following 2 threads useful in this regard.

http://markmail.org/thread/utnkgyfgbpq2vyvp
http://markmail.org/message/sfy4nif5b2d6ivh5

-Suma

> I see the following exception in my java client when the response
> contains a date attribute value that looks like:
>
> 2009-06-25
>

> java.lang.NumberFormatException: date string can not be less than 19
> charactors
>

> I see this was a problem that was fixed in 1.4.1, as per :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4075
>
> But I continue to see the problem in 1.5. Please help.

The issue you mention is not marked as "fixed" in 1.4.1, but rather as
"affects" version 1.4.1.
However, if you have a look at the related issue AXIS2-4370, it seems
actually it has been fixed in 1.5, because another user is complaining
about that change! :-D
Are you still having problems? Maybe you need to re-generate your code
and/or WSDL files, because the mappings between java.util.Date and the
corresponding XML Scheda date type have changed in 1.5.

Cheers.

--
Mauro Molinari
Software Designer & Developer

---
Questo messaggio è strettamente riservato ai destinatari specificati.
Se è ricevuto per errore si prega di avvisare il mittente e di
cancellarlo dal proprio sistema.
-
This message is specifically addressed to the recipient(s).
Should you receive it by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

Re: Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5 - Date problem.

Posted by Mauro Molinari <ma...@cardinis.com>.