Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Gerdes, Mike" <Mi...@airbus.com> on 2006/03/23 10:54:24 UTC

ssl and networkconnectors

Hi,

I still have some problems with AMQ and SSL. I have set up a keystore and a truststore and everything works fine, when I use in the network connector multicast://default.
But I have encountered that AMQ uses the vm connector and not the ssl to connect to remote brokers, that don't use ssl.

So how can I force AMQ to use only and really only the SSL connector that I specified for all connections. And this should at best work together with discovery, so that AMQ discovers other brokers and connects to their SSL connector.

My tries so far have been with changing network brokers and mostly I get the error:

You must specify a group to discover

Oh is there any website that says how I configure discovery? Failover also doesn't work. I mean when I use:

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="failover:(tcp://host1:61616)"/>
    </networkConnectors>

Do I understand something totally wrong here?

cya

mike

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the Global Internet. Keep this in mind if you answer this message.

Re: ssl and networkconnectors

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
A network connector runs inside a broker and has 2 transports inside
it; one to the local broker its running against and one for the remote
broker.

The local transport is always the VM transport, as its always really
just talking to the broker its inside; so there's no real reason AFAIK
to use SSL here right? Where SSL is used is between the local broker
and the remote broker - i.e. the remote broker transport

James

--

James
-------