Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/12/29 20:21:17 UTC

Re: Lenya / LDAP users

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm sure this is bad timing with your imminent release, but I finally
got around to testing the LDAP you wrote for the 1.2.1 release, and I'm
having problems connecting to MS Active Directory with the version you
wrote.  When I input the values, I get the following error:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D:
NameErr: DSID-03100198, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match
of: ''

Just curious, what is the usr-authentication property?  It seems to be
a duplicate of the security-authentication property.  Anyway, I'll
start comparing code here, but I thought I would pass the word along.

Jon

Re: Lenya / LDAP users

Posted by "J.W. Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I'm sure this is bad timing with your imminent release, but I finally
> got around to testing the LDAP you wrote for the 1.2.1 release, and
> I'm having problems connecting to MS Active Directory with the version
> you wrote.  When I input the values, I get the following error:
>
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D:
> NameErr: DSID-03100198, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match
> of: ''
>
> Just curious, what is the usr-authentication property?  It seems to be
> a duplicate of the security-authentication property.  Anyway, I'll
> start comparing code here, but I thought I would pass the word along.
>
> Jon

Jon,
there can be two different authentication mechanisms; one for the system
when it checks whether a user exists (i.e. manager authentication), and
another when the user connects (the actual user authentication)
As I recall, in the previous version, this distinction was not made, but
it is there now because someone required it in his setup.
Please make sure to read all comments in the ldap.properties.sample file
- if they are not sufficiently clear, we'll enhance them.

Bye for now
Wolfgang