Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/06 19:07:09 UTC

Volunteer Release Manager(s) Needed for Apache NetBeans 11.1

Dear all,

I know that 11.0 is just has been pushed out the door, but if we would
like to do a NetBeans 11.1 in June we need someone who takes the reins.
We need a release schedule, the way of work (branching, JIRA, etc.) soon.

I've already taken this position twice, it has been quite a journey,
thank you!

Beside the usual RM stuff which we did do far I see the following new
challenges:

 1. This is a minor release, probably coordinating changes would be a
    bit easier.
    I guess we'd just branch off release110 to release111 and continue
    to cherry-picking from master.
 2. This would be (if everything goes well), the first release as Apache
    top level project
 3. Probably we need to experiment releasing patches, or release 11.1 as
    a set of parches...
 4. Codes for 12.0 will be run in parallel on master, so JIRA tracking
    could be a bit harder.

As of myself, I'd concentrating on development and bug-fixing in the
next couple of cycles.

So think about it!

Volunteers we Need you!

Laszlo Kishalmi

Former Release Manager of Apache NetBeans