Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/06 15:10:58 UTC

using a JSONResponseBuilder (JSON requests/response in tapestry components)

Hi all,

can anyone give me an example of how to use JSON with tapestry? I can see
there is a JSONResponseBuidler and I can see there is a
tapestry.bindjavascript function that support JSON I can't understand
what's the correct
way to handle this server side as there seems to be no equivalent
"EventListener" for JSON request/response. Am I supposed to do and map an on
purpose EngineService?

Thanks

Martino

Re: using a JSONResponseBuilder (JSON requests/response in tapestry components)

Posted by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com>.
thnx Jesse, I'll look better at the AutoCompleter. But what if I want to use
a json request in a client validator? Think about a javascript validator
making a request to see if an item with the same code was already inserted
making a simple json request to the server, I guess in that case I should
implement an EngineService, am I right?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.