Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Omar Tazi <om...@oracle.com> on 2006/02/06 19:29:11 UTC

ADF Faces Incubator Proposal Draft

Dear All;

Prior to sending this incubation proposal to the Apache Incubator PMC,
we would like to share it with the MyFaces community to:

- Gather as much feedback as possible
- Collect names of people interested in becoming active in this project
either as developers, sponsors, or committers (see available sections in
the attached document).

Also, we are still looking for a name for this project it is temporarily
named “ADF Faces”, we would like the MyFaces community to come up with a
great name before we incubate it.

Best,

-Omar

---------------------------------
  Omar Tazi
  Chief Open Source Evangelist
  Oracle Server Technologies
  Oracle Corporation
  Work: (650) 506-3216
  Cell: (408) 656-5354
  Email: omar.tazi@oracle.com
  Blog: http://otazi.blogspot.com
---------------------------------

Re: ADF Faces Incubator Proposal Draft

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Manfred

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Updated the Wiki page.

Jonas

Jonas Jacobi wrote:
> Omar,
>
> It looks like the Old proposal.
>
> Jonas
>
> Omar Tazi wrote:
>> I started creating a wiki page for the incubator proposal but it
>> turns out Martin created it faster than I did. Thanks Martin:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/adfproposal
>>
>> We can now all collaborate on it.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> -Omar
>>

>> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>>> Hi Omar,
>>>
>>> thanks for the draft. I converted it into a pdf file, since (I guess)
>>> not everybody is using word :-)
>>>
>>> For the *process* of working with the draft of this proposal,
>>> I think it will be could, if we *port* this document into the Wiki
>>> of MyFaces
>>>
>>> -Matthias

>>> --
>>> Matthias Wessendorf
>>> Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
>>> 50674 Köln
>>> http://www.wessendorf.net
>>> mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com
>>

> --
> *Jonas Jacobi
> Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
> <http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
> *Blog*: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi

--
*Jonas Jacobi
Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Omar,

Omar Tazi wrote:
> I started creating a wiki page for the incubator proposal but it turns
> out Martin created it faster than I did. Thanks Martin:
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/adfproposal
>
> We can now all collaborate on it.
>
> Cheers.
>
> -Omar
>

> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>> Hi Omar,
>>
>> thanks for the draft. I converted it into a pdf file, since (I guess)
>> not everybody is using word :-)
>>
>> For the *process* of working with the draft of this proposal,
>> I think it will be could, if we *port* this document into the Wiki
>> of MyFaces
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> On 2/6/06, Omar Tazi <om...@oracle.com> wrote:
>>> Dear All;
>>>
>>> Prior to sending this incubation proposal to the Apache Incubator PMC,
>>> we would like to share it with the MyFaces community to:
>>>
>>> - Gather as much feedback as possible
>>> - Collect names of people interested in becoming active in this project
>>> either as developers, sponsors, or committers (see available
>>> sections in
>>> the attached document).
>>>
>>> Also, we are still looking for a name for this project it is
>>> temporarily
>>> named "ADF Faces", we would like the MyFaces community to come up
>>> with a
>>> great name before we incubate it.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> -Omar
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>   Omar Tazi
>>>   Chief Open Source Evangelist
>>>   Oracle Server Technologies
>>>   Oracle Corporation
>>>   Work: (650) 506-3216
>>>   Cell: (408) 656-5354
>>>   Email: omar.tazi@oracle.com
>>>   Blog: http://otazi.blogspot.com
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf
>> Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
>> 50674 Köln
>> http://www.wessendorf.net
>> mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

--
*Jonas Jacobi
Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the roses - but that was Matze ;)

In any case, I've already started editing a little.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Omar Tazi <om...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
now, we have also a port to a wiki based document

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/adfproposal

Regards,
Matthias

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omar,

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omar,

it would be best to post that to the wiki, so that we can
collaboratively work on the document.

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/some_page

regards,

Martin