Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff DeFord <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 18:33:22 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy_html refuses to load

All:

I grabbed the latest source for mod_proxy_html and compiled it as follows:

     apxs -c -a -I/usr/local/include/libxml2/ -i mod_proxy_html.c

which returns what looks to be a successful compile and install:

     chmod 755 /apache/modules/mod_proxy_html.so
     [activating module `proxy_html' in /apache/conf/httpd.conf]

However, when I add the LoadModule directive for the module it fails
and I get the following error:

     Cannot load /apache/modules/mod_proxy_html.so into server:
ld.so.1: /export/home/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/dmz/modules/mod_proxy_html.so: symbol htmlFreeParserCtxt: referenced
symbol not found

The /apache directory is a sym link, could this be the culprit? I have
other modules I have compiled and added with no issues with the sym
link, so I don't think that is the real issue. But If it is so, then
how do I get around it? The thing that stands out is this error:
symbol htmlFreeParserCtxt: referenced symbol not found

Has anyone else seen this and if so, what did you do to correct it?

TIA,
-=jeff