Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us> on 2010/03/16 04:40:36 UTC

Cassandra cookbook for Chef

I've just pushed a rough but useful chef cookbook for Cassandra:
http://github.com/b/cookbooks/tree/master/cassandra

It is lacking in documentation and assumes you have a Cassandra
package handy to install.  I'd really appreciate if folks could try it
out and give feed back (or, even better, patches to improve it).

Re: Cassandra cookbook for Chef

Posted by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us>.
Someone on #cassandra asked about an EC2-aware placement strategy, so
I whipped up a basic recipe to generate a config file for
contrib/property_snitch to use availability zone information and added
it to the cookbook.  I don't use Cassandra on EC2 and this is totally
untested, so please try it and let me know how it breaks!

Posted by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us>.
Correct, it is on its own branch.

Posted by Sal Fuentes <fu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.