Posted to users@flex.apache.org by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net> on 2017/03/01 08:53:52 UTC

Re: Persistent Data

>Looks like it is time to learn :)

Sounds like the right path ;-)

My recommendation regarding a MVC framework is still PureMVC [1] cause:
- There's an awesome documentation available, including a book written by
Cliff Hall [2]
- There a lot of examples out there [3]
- There're some useful utilities available
- It suports modular programming
- It comes with a simple but powerful notification system
- It's feature frozen
- It's still alive and supported the community and by its author Cliff Hall
[4]
- It was ported to a lot of other programming languages
- It's pure.... PureMVC contains of just a few classes and interfaces
- You could use if with FlexJS out of the box

HTH,
Olaf

[1] http://puremvc.org/
[2] http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022459.do
[3] https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-as3-multicore-framework/wiki
[4] http://forums.puremvc.org/

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Persistent Data

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
I agree with both Justin and Benjamin on this.  Keeping it simple and easy to use for your particular use case.  Adding in a static class to store the properties in and using data binding where needed sounds like the shortest and easiest path for now.

-Mark

For simple application which I assume this is I would just suggestion breaking up the application in a data model, views and use binding to display the data from  the model in the views, display custom event form the views to change the data and you have MVC without using a framework.

I suggest not using PureMVC as it is generic and thus IMO not the best fit for Flex. I have use it and many other frameworks in Flex before - but others may have different opinions.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Persistent Data