Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu> on 2010/04/13 00:04:10 UTC

Axis2 vs Axis1

Hi all,

    one of the user guides on the Axis2 web site reads:

"Axis2 uses AXIOM, or the AXIs Object Model, a DOM (Document Object
Model) -like
structure that is based on the StAX API ( Streaming API for XML).
Methods that act as
services must take an OMElement as their argument, which represents the
payload of the
incoming SOAP message".

POJO WSs don't necessarily impose this requirement. What I am not
understanding fully is,
why would any web service need to deal SOAP messages? Isn't the purpose
of the engine
to parse the SOAP message and present the application with the
parameters it needs?
I  guess I have been working with Axis1 for too long but I am just
curious about the particular
example in the Axis2 User Guide. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand
Axis2 and its
functionality but I wanted to know the purpose of this example.

Thanks