Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marchiori Carlo <ma...@cad.it> on 2003/10/08 16:31:16 UTC

.NET port

Hi,

is there any effort to port Cocoon to .NET.

I work for a company which develops Java and .NET versions
of the same applications to suit customers needs.

I need an xml pipelining engine which works
both in java and .NET.

Thank you for any help,
Carlo.

Re: .NET port

Posted by Oleg Dulin <ol...@opence.net>.
Marchiori Carlo wrote:

>I work for a company which develops Java and .NET versions
>of the same applications to suit customers needs.

There are tools from IBM and Sun that let u turn Java classes into COM
components and use COM components from JAva. Why not use them to
integrate your Cocoon app into  your .NET app ?

My personal opinion though is that it is a tremendous waste of ti me and
energy to write two ports of the same application. Just my two cents.

Re: .NET port

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
Marchiori Carlo wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is there any effort to port Cocoon to .NET.
>
>I work for a company which develops Java and .NET versions
>of the same applications to suit customers needs.
>
>I need an xml pipelining engine which works
>both in java and .NET.

I would say, that this would be a real waste of time to reduce the
development capacity significantly by developing a parallel version for
Microsoft Java...

just my opinion...

Alex