Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "M. Gross" <kr...@aixtema.de> on 2007/09/13 23:11:59 UTC

Get location from an org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException

Hi!

I'm trying to write a PHP interface to FOP and want to supply the user
with some readable error messages including filename and line number
of XML files where the error originates from.
What's important to me is that I have a consistent way of providing
these messages (e.g. showing the XML file and marking the wrong line).

It works for a SAXParseException but is there also a way to get the location
information from an org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException ?
The API docs say org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException does have isLocationSet()
and setLocator() but no getLocator().

M. Gross