Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Robert Barta <rh...@Austria.EU.net> on 1997/11/29 20:42:52 UTC

Re: mod_log-any/1492: Suggestion: mod_log_config format extension

>>>coar@hyperreal.org said:
 --> [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
 --> [you need to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
 --> [and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
 --> [automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
 -->
 -->
 --> Synopsis: Suggestion: mod_log_config format extension
 -->
 --> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 --> State-Changed-By: coar
 --> State-Changed-When: Sat Nov 29 07:06:41 PST 1997
 --> State-Changed-Why:
 --> Are you saying that if you hard-code TAB characters into
 --> the format string of a CustomLog directive, they get
 --> ignored or changed somehow?  You should be able to put
 --> any printable character into the format string, and
 --> possibly even C-standard escaped characters (e.g.,
 --> "\007" for a BEL).  [I haven't verified this last
 --> behaviour, but I would expect it to work.]

So would I, but no avail. I tried \012 in the format line,
and got \012 on the log line, I tried a TAB in the format line,
and received a blank only.

Strange, because parse_log_misc_string in mod_log_config.c seems
to handle character transparently as constants there. Could it
be that TABs are converted on a global basis?

Just a wild guess....

\rho