Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lübbe Onken <L....@rac.de> on 2003/08/29 09:46:33 UTC

Linux Server and Windows Domain Authentication

Hi Folks,

has anyone managed to setup a subversion server on a linux box so that the
users are automatically authenticated against a windows domain controller?

We've tried the following Setup
<Location /svn/>
    DAV svn
    SVNParentPath  /usr/local/svn/repository

    AuthType NTLM
    NTLMAuth on
    NTLMAuthoritative on
    NTLMDomain OFFICE
    NTLMServer APOLLO
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Subversion repository"
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/svn/conf/.htaccess
    Require valid-user
</Location>

Now when we access the repository using IE, the user is immediately
authenticated correctly. When using any other client (Mozilla, TortoiseSVN,
...) the basic authentication is used. Is there currently any known way to
achieve our goal?

Cheers & Thanks
-Lübbe

Re: Linux Server and Windows Domain Authentication

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <me...@stefan.haischt.name>.
AFAIK domain authentication against a domain controller
only works with IE because that browser has access to
your domain credentials.

but this could be totaly wrong ...