Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Rob Leland <th...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/12 23:09:49 UTC

Should WSS4J fail release builds for High CVE findings ?

I noticed that the wss4J build mainly uses the OWASP
dependency-check-plugin for generating a report, but those are easy to
forget to review.
Similar to the PMD and Checkstyle enforcement would it be useful to add a
maven profile to fail the build if there is a CVE/CVSS score above a
certain level ?

This could be enforced  just for releases, snapshots or both.

I'll be happy to prepare PR.

-Rob

Re: Should WSS4J fail release builds for High CVE findings ?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Rob,

Yes please prepare a PR and I'll review. If you could add an empty
file as well so that we can easily add false positives, that would be
great.

Colm.