Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Smith <ci...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/08/22 17:01:37 UTC

WSDL2Java and union

Hi,

I am using Axis 1.4, and I have a question regarding
WSDL2java and code generation.

I am trying to generate the code corresponding to a
union structure (see element named "type" in the
attached file ProbableCause.xsd).
I build the java code using the following command :
java -classpath $CLASSPATH
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2java --server-side -v
SpeedTest.wsdl

The generated code for ProbableCause_T.java seems ok.
However, the generated code for
ProbableCause_TType.java seems bizarre to me.
Although the "type" consists of a union of possible
enumerations (ex "AIS"), the enumeration values are
not present in the generated java file, which makes me
think something's wrong there.
Also, looking at the generated java code, it also
mentions that Simple Types must have a String
constructor, but this one hasn't any.
See the extract of the generated Java file (also
attached) :

public class ProbableCause_TType  implements
java.io.Serializable,
org.apache.axis.encoding.SimpleType {
    public ProbableCause_TType() {
    }

    // Simple Types must have a String constructor
    private java.lang.Object __equalsCalc = null;

Am I missing something here ?
I am not sure if the java file reflects accurately
what's in the xsd file, or not ...

Thanks,
John.

Re: WSDL2Java and union