Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Brian Spindler <bs...@netuitive.com> on 2009/04/07 14:58:00 UTC

replication

Hi all, I'm trying to test out using derby replication.  I have set
startSlave=true in my connection properties however everytime I do it I
get an error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Conflicting attributes specified. See
reference manual for attributes allowed in combination with replication
attribute 'startSlave'.

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcr
ossDRDA(Unknown Source)

                ... 37 more

Caused by: ERROR XRE10: Conflicting attributes specified. See reference
manual for attributes allowed in combination with replication attribute
'startSlave'.

                at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)

                ... 32 more

I have done CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_FREEZE_DATABASE(); on master, copied
the db to the slave and then tried above with no luck.  Any help is
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Biran

RE: replication

Posted by Brian Spindler <bs...@netuitive.com>.
Thanks Knut!

We are using derby as embedded db; there is a call to setCreateDatabase("create") which is probably causing this.

I will remove and continue testing.

> Hi all, I’m trying to test out using derby replication.  I have set startSlave
> =true in my connection properties however everytime I do it I get an error:
>
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Conflicting attributes specified. See
> reference manual for attributes allowed in combination with replication
> attribute 'startSlave'.

Hi Brian,

Could you also post the rest of the connection properties and the
connection URL? That error message normally means that you have combined
startSlave with some other conflicting connection attribute like
startMaster or create.

--
Knut Anders

Re: replication