Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Joshua Weiner <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/22 01:11:52 UTC

Help running AggregatePlaintextProcessor

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use cTAKES (just downloaded it) and when trying to load the
analysis engine AE  *AggregatePlaintextProcessor* (per this link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.1+User+Install+Guide#cTAKES3.1UserInstallGuide-Prerequisites
)

I get this error:
scope model:
/C:/apache-ctakes-3.1.0/resources/org/apache/ctakes/assertion/models/scope.model
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC
overhead limit exceeded

I am on Windows 8, 8gb of ram. It appears that other AE work.. but I know
AggregatePlaintextProcessor is the most important one.

Thank you so much for any help!  This is very important to me. Please feel
free to respond to me directly at my email address: joshuaweiner2@gmail.com

Josh

--
Joshua S. Weiner
joshuaweiner2@gmail.com

Re: Help running AggregatePlaintextProcessor

Posted by Pan Teng <te...@udel.edu>.
Hi Josh,

I tried to increased the heap size by editing both the runctakesCVD.sh file and runctakesCPE.sh file. For you maybe you can try the bat file for windows? Hope this will work for you too. Happy holiday everyone!  \^_^/

Pan

Posted by Joshua Weiner <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ironically enough, it just started working. Let me wait until I get the
ULMS license privelledges and then see if it works. Thank you so much for
all of your help guys.Very welcoming community - glad to be a member. If
anyone needs statistics or machine learning help let me know!

Josh

Posted by Karthik Sarma <ks...@ksarma.com>.

From: joshuaweiner2@gmail.com

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 19:11:52 -0500
Subject: Help running AggregatePlaintextProcessor
To: user@ctakes.apache.org

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use cTAKES (just downloaded it) and when trying to load the analysis engine AE  AggregatePlaintextProcessor (per this link: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.1+User+Install+Guide#cTAKES3.1UserInstallGuide-Prerequisites)

I get this error:Loading model:................................scope model: /C:/apache-ctakes-3.1.0/resources/org/apache/ctakes/assertion/models/scope.modelException in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Posted by Joshua Weiner <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paula,