Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mghohoo <mg...@163.com> on 2008/01/15 13:36:04 UTC

[users@httpd] how i can set my homepage?(ror problem)

<VirtualHost *:8080>
DocumentRoot C:/ror/
ServerName rails
Options Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
AliasMatch ^/([^/]*)(.*) "c:/ror/$1/public$2"
</VirtualHost>

i have added the sentences above.now,i can visit my 'test' page by visiting the url http://rails:8080/test/
the folder  'test'  is created by the rails command.but i how i can set my homepage?in php,i can place a file name index.php in
c:/test/,while apache show me the message '404 not found' after i created the folder 'index'.
in brief,i want to visit the url http://rails:8080/  .but how i can do?
thanks!

mghohoo
2008-01-15

RE: [users@httpd] how i can set my homepage?(ror problem)

Posted by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com>.

Your document root is C:/ror/ so any URL like
http://rails:8080/index.html maps to C:/ror/index.html so that's where
you have to put your file (NB making a folder called "index" is wrong).

Read http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex as
well, in case you don't want to call the file index.html.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> in brief,i want to visit the url http://rails:8080/  .but how
> i can do?
> thanks!

> mghohoo
> 2008-01-15

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.