Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ybello <yo...@netomedia.com> on 2020/04/22 21:01:50 UTC

High load consumption - Artemis on Docker

Hello everyone
Recently we suffering from bad performance that cause our Artemis to be on
100% of cpu , load average is 12.8
Our Artemis is sitting on o e gcp vm based on Docker image, the version that
we running is 2.10
I really want need your help to understanding the problems, we've been
trying everything without success

Please advise

Thanks
Yossi

Re: High load consumption - Artemis on Docker

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
@tim for a first analysis is fine to use JVisualVM, but I recommend
async-profiler (or perf tools) because it shows GC activity, Kernel
activity (on the networking layer and disk) and, if they are using a native
SSL provider, the native methods cost of it (that often is huge). In
addition, JVisualVM suffer from the safepoint bias issue, like many other
profilers around, some reference here:
http://psy-lob-saw.blogspot.com/2016/02/why-most-sampling-java-profilers-are.html

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried profiling with async-profiler (or perf tools) where the CPU
time is spent? It could be either lack of memory on the heap (hence the GC
is doing much more work to free up memory continuously) or whatever
possible reason...