Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Greg Pelly <gf...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 00:55:59 UTC

partial key scan

Hi,

The HBase book "The definitive guide" describes the concept of partial key
scans, I'd like to use that to find a user's groups where the key is made
up of userid - groupid so I just need to scan for userid and I'll get all
of the groups for that user. Thrift doesn't appear to support this unless
I'm missing something. I believe I'm using the latest release of Thrift in
0.7.0.

Cheers

Re: partial key scan

Posted by Richard Salz <rs...@us.ibm.com>.
> To be honest I really think this is a thrift issue. Both of the
following
> two methods return the same thing, the second sounds like it should be
> matching the prefix of a key which is exactly what I'm after.

It is almost definitely a  bug in either the server-side code that
implement the operation, or in the documentation for it, or your
understanding of it. :)

Think of it this way:  all thrift does is get data from here to there. How
it's generated is someone else's issue.

        /r$

--
STSM, WebSphere Appliance Architect
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/soma/

Re: partial key scan

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Greg, this is the mailing list for the Apache Thrift *framework*, not the
HBase Thrift gateway. The latter is just a part of the HBase project.

Re: partial key scan

Posted by Greg Pelly <gf...@gmail.com>.
Jake,

Re: partial key scan