Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2017/03/09 14:07:04 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Karaf

  - Apache Karaf provides a very modern and polymorphic container,
multi-purpose (microservices, OSGi, etc) powered by OSGi.

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
  - We released first version in our new main serie: 4.1.0. It's a new
major version. A 4.1.1 fix release is in preparation.
  - New release of Karaf Cellar and Decanter are in preparation.
  - We are beginning the work for a full JDK9 support, we expect to
achieve the result in release 4.2.0

## Health report:
We can note an increase in user community recently, probably due to new
Karaf adoption in products or other projects.
We are watching new potential PMC members, a format discussion and vote
will stand on the private mailing list pretty soon.
Talks have been proposed at ApacheCon NA. As several committers will be
at ACNA, we plan to organize an informal event (like a diner).

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 15 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Christian Schneider on Mon Aug 22 2016

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 29 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Grzegorz Grzybek at Mon Oct 31 2016

## Releases:
  - 4.0.8 was released on Sun Dec 18 2016
  - 4.1.0 was released on Sat Feb 04 2017

## Mailing list activity: