Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/13 11:55:35 UTC

strange autodeploy behaviour on 5.5.9

I have set up a new installation of tomcat 5.5.9 running on java
5(Windows XP). It starts up Ok and my webapp loads. I have the following
context xml

<Context path="/myApp" reloadable="true"></Context>

The problem occurs when I copy over another version of my MyApp.war to
the webapps directory. Tomcat only unpacks some of the files! There is a
WEB-INF directory and a couple of jars in the lib directory and nothing
else. Using the manager app to reload the app does not fix it. There are
no exceptions being thrown. Furthermore, undeploying the app does not
delete the directory, only the war file and it still remains in the
application list in the manager.

I have not changed any settings and this all works fine with tomcat 5.0.30.

Anyone seen this before?