Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ray Allis <ra...@comcast.net> on 2004/06/03 00:49:30 UTC

How to get JTidy (HTMLGenerator) to accept properties?

I see this question has been asked before, but I can't make it work.
I'm trying to convert HTML to XML and remove the Dreamweaver
and M$ cruft.  So 'bare' and 'clean' and 'drop-font-tags' are important.

I am using cocoon-2.1_20040514221251.tar.gz (Jetty) on Solaris 9.

In cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/samples/blocks/html:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

=================================== -->

 <map:components>
   <map:generators default="file">
     <map:generator label="content" logger="sitemap.generator.html"
name="html" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
       <jtidy-config>jtidy.properties</jtidy-config>
     </map:generator>
   </map:generators>
 </map:components>

<!-- =========================== Pipelines
================================= -->

  <map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="scraper">
        <map:read mime-type="text/html" src="scrape.html"/>
        <map:serialize type="html"/>
      </map:match>

      <map:match pattern="scrape">
        <map:generate type="html" src="{request-param:htmlpage}">
          <map:parameter name="xpath" value="/html"/>
        </map:generate>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/scrape.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
  </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

-- and --

cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/samples/blocks/html:more jtidy.properties

add-xml-decl=yes
bare=yes
char-encoding=utf8
clean=yes
doctype=omit
drop-empty-paras=yes
drop-font-tags=yes
input-xml=no
indent=yes
indent-spaces=4
output-xhtml=yes
wrap=0

--
I _think_ HTMLGenerator is reading the properties file - at least it
does not

Ray Allis

Re: How to get JTidy (HTMLGenerator) to accept properties?

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
try the following in your jtidy.properties:

add-xml-decl:yes
bare:yes

annother issue i found: sometimes it helps to restart cocoon, to get the
changes in jtidy.properties recognized.

hth,
Frank