Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Kiril Stankov <ki...@open-net.biz> on 2015/07/25 01:32:12 UTC

A big Thumbs Up for CouchDB!

Hi all,

I am working on a pretty complex project for the last 7 months.
Since the beginning I was researching a lot what DB to use. NoSQL was
obvious choice, but I wondered between several options, MongoDB and
CouchDB being the obvious leaders.
Now, half an year later, I am very glad for choosing CouchDB!

It is an incredible product. Replication and views are the best
features! My app is a distributed one and I use CouchDB for the back-end
synchronization of data. My server is node.js and 'follow' gives me a
perfect way to monitor for changes.

For now, CouchDB is very stable, fast and reliable. It is the heart of a
complex solution and there are no bad surprises until now. Updates to
the DB are very intensive and we have more than 1000 documents inserted
per day. Replication works great across continents and two operating
systems. HTTP API's make it so easy to monitor it and to offload part of
the load from node.js and retrieve data directly from Couch. We do use a
lot of List and Reduce functions to make life easier.

Another great think about Couch is the community. I found so many useful
posts and articles. I got a lot of help from people on this list. Thank
you.

Well, there are still some issues, but there are not that important and
I am sure they'll be solved soon. Unfortunately I didn't have the time
to check v2.0, but I'll surely do so, once it is released officially.

Finally, a big THANK YOU to all developers and supporters of CouchDB. I
think that with every open source project this is the least we, the
users, can do to cheer up the people behind such a great software!

Regards and Relax,

Kiril.

Fwd: A big Thumbs Up for CouchDB!

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Heya dev@,

this came in on user@ and I wanted to make sure you saw this :)

Best
Jan

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Heya dev@,

Re: A big Thumbs Up for CouchDB!

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Wow that's great to hear!

Keep us posted how your project evolves! :)

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Thank you Kiril! You email made my day and I’m happy CouchDB is working so well for you :)

Best
Jan