Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alainkr <ak...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 22:39:19 UTC

dlqDeliveryFailureCause java.lang.Throwable: duplicate from store for queue

Hello,

Using AMQ 5.10, what would cause a message land in the deadletter queue with
the following cause :

dlqDeliveryFailureCause java.lang.Throwable: duplicate from store for queue

Thanks

Alain

Re: dlqDeliveryFailureCause java.lang.Throwable: duplicate from store for queue

Posted by alainkr <ak...@gmail.com>.
okay thanks !

Re: dlqDeliveryFailureCause java.lang.Throwable: duplicate from store for queue

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
On Jan 12, 2018 7:55 AM, "alainkr" <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

I saw that post but it mentions the following issues that don't apply to our
setting:

- AMQ-4485 fixed in 5.9

I interpreted Gary to mean that this was the cause of, not the fix for, the
problem. But I could have misunderstood.

- AMQ-5266 jdbc store which we don't use

I agree that this shouldn't fix the problem for you. Since you hadn't told
us anything about your setup, I hadn't realized that it didn't apply to
you.

We're using 5.10.0 :
- with no network of brokers.
- basic queue's and topics

We're planing to use authentication and maybe virtual topics

Are you using transactions? AMQ-4485 seems to be specific to the use of
transactions, so it would be good to know if you're using them.

Can you reproduce the problem reliably and quickly in a test environment?
Or is this the type of problem that only occurs once every 6 months and
only in an operational environment?

What version would you recommend ?

I usually use the final incidental version of the previous minor version,
since you know it's had a little time to shake out any bugs and you know
there won't be any more incidental releases due to urgent bugs. So right
now, with 5.16 not yet released, that means 5.14.5.

But I mostly work in conservative organizations that impose lots of rules
on any software upgrades; in a more flexible environment, I'd probably just
run the latest version and upgrade when new versions come out. But if
you're going to take that approach, I'd wait for 5.15.3 to come out, since
there's an out-of-memory bug being discussed in another current thread and
I'd wait for that fix.

Nothing says that upgrading will fix your problem, but since 5.10.0 is
pretty old and people using newer versions haven't been complaining about
the issue you're seeing, upgrading to 5.14.5 or 5.15.3 seems like a
worthwhile thing to do if it's an option.

Thanks from Paris France

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Gary's response in
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/dlqDeliveryFailureCause-java-lang-Throwable-duplicate-from-store-for-queue-td4691288.html
suggests upgrading to 5.11.0 or later (later is better, and at a minimum
you should upgrade to the last incidental version within a minor version,
so you should use 5.11.3 if you're going to upgrade to the 5.11 minor
version instead of 5.12, 5.13, etc.). Gary also referenced some workarounds
if you don't want to upgrade.

Most of the people who have reported this problem were using a network of
brokers (usually with three nodes in a mesh). Can you please describe your
network topology and show us your configuration from activemq.xml?

Tim