Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/05 08:27:31 UTC

Relocated broker loses all durable subscriptions

Hi,

ActiveMQ 5.8.0 on RHEL 6.1.

We recently moved an existing broker to a new server. It was really a logic
move; the old broker was shutdown completely and a new one installed from
scratch on another server without copying any  files from the old broker.
Essentially the new broker was the same as the old broker but with a
different IP address.

The new broker uses the existing message store mounted over NFS.

However, after the new broker came up all the durable topic subscriptions
that should have appeared in the web console were gone.

Is it conceivable that changing a broker's IP address could cause it to not
recognize its durable subscriptions when restarted? Is this a bug or a
limitation?

Presumably the new broker must have erased them as they did not reappear
when the new broker was shutdown and the old one restarted.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Relocated broker loses all durable subscriptions

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Ah yes, I see it now.  Missed it reading on the phone - apologies.

If the NFS store was intact, the durable subs will remain regardless of
change of server IP address.  This is necessary for H/A to work with durable
subs as well.

Can this be reproduced?

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Did I misread the statement that no files were copied?  The kahadb/leveldb was left intact then?

If so, the durable subs should remain. Just as they would for a normal broker restart.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
The durable subs are recorded in activemq's only persistent store. Without the store, it has no way to remember anything across restarts that is not in the configuration files.

Sent from my iPhone