Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org> on 2004/07/18 15:02:49 UTC

[PMC] How to maintain status.xml

Hello PMC,

I just wondered whether we have guidelines to maintain the status.xml? I
could not found anything at: http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html

New entries go into the top after:

     <release version="0.6-dev" date="unreleased">
       <action dev="DC" type="add" context="docs">
       <!-- Please keep this action at the top -->
         Added new document to facilitate
         <link href="site:upgrading_06">upgrading to v0.6</link>
       </action>
<!-- in lifo order -->
<new/>
     </release>

TIA for any links of thoughts.

King regards
thorsten
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@m...@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>
</thorsten>

Re: [PMC] How to maintain status.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> I just wondered whether we have guidelines to maintain the status.xml? I
> could not found anything at: http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
>
> New entries go into the top after:
>
>      <release version="0.6-dev" date="unreleased">
>        <action dev="DC" type="add" context="docs">
>        <!-- Please keep this action at the top -->
>          Added new document to facilitate
>          <link href="site:upgrading_06">upgrading to v0.6</link>
>        </action>
> <!-- in lifo order -->
> <new/>

The best thing is just to follow examples of other entries.

The @type attribute causes the issues to be sorted into groups
on the changes.html page.

If there is a contributor, then add their name in the
@due-to attribute. They should also be acknowledged in
the 'svn commit' message when their files were committed.

We never put their email address in plain text, only in the
@due-to-email attribute which will get obfuscated. Sometimes
we don't even show their email address at all.

Add the issue number in the @fixes-bug attribute.

You are right though, we do need some written guidelines.

--
David Crossley