Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mario Ohnewald <MO...@aradex.com> on 2002/02/11 10:11:13 UTC

Redirect - ErrorDocument

Hello!

The Problem:
I have a slow upstream connection, to slow for a proper webserver.

The Idea:
Use the speed of free webspace providers, but let it seems like its coming
from my server.

The Solution?:
I have made a simple redirection to a other page, but if the file doesn´t
exits there, i get the ErrorDocument page of the "other page".
Of course, cause all apache will do is just simply redirect it.
What i want to try to do is to somehow let apache test if the file is
existing in the "other page", and if not give my ErrorDocument back, if it
exits, then it can redirect it.

I am not really sure how to start, or if its even really possible to do
that. or am i just wastig my time?! Has somene a similar solution?
Your opinions are welcome!!!!!!!

Where is the code line where it redirects the path? Where i will have to put
my if procedure in it. Or does work completly different (alike iptables?)
I could really need some tips, hits, opinions!

Thank you!

Spiekey

Re: Redirect - ErrorDocument

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
Hmm, perhaps via mod_perl and the $r->header_in() method...
Just an idea.