Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Martino, Karl" <ks...@staff.philly.com> on 2000/12/12 19:14:21 UTC

Database connection pooling

We are currently evaluating our our application's database connection
pooling and I would love to hear what others have discovered as best
practices and traps.

We are using MS SQLServer with JTurbo as our JDBC driver.  Our database
pooling classes are based upon source code downloaded from Wrox.

Are there industrial strength database pooling classes available to
purchase?  Should we continue to write our own (we've experienced
difficulties...)? Does Tomcat, like some other servlet containers, include
database pooling somewhere?

Thanks,
-Karl