Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by sharevenki <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/14 08:53:16 UTC

how to include *.inc file in a .vm file

hi
   I am very new to Jakarta Velocity.I search for the syntax to include .inc
file  in my .vm file .I try with the following syntax
#include("/base.inc")  .This doesn't works.In my "base.inc" file contain all
javascript variables for validation.so give me any solution for including
this file
In "base.inc" i have the following code

<fmt:setBundle
basename="wayzup.web.corporate.resources.ApplicationResourcesCompany" />
<script type="text/javascript">
var Thisisarequiredfield="<fmt:message
key="js.error.Thisisarequiredfield"/>";
var Pleaseenteravalidemailaddress="<fmt:message
key="js.error.Pleaseenteravalidemailaddress"/>";
var Thisisarequiredfield="<fmt:message
key="js.error.Thisisarequiredfield"/>";
var Pleaseusenumbersonlyinthisfield="<fmt:message
key="js.error.Pleaseusenumbersonlyinthisfield"/>";
var Pleaseuselettersonlyazinthisfield="<fmt:message
key="js.error.Pleaseuselettersonlyazinthisfield"/>";
</script>

Re: how to include *.inc file in a .vm file

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Since it appears you want JSP to be processed, you will have to set
things up to use this:

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/1.4/view/ImportTool.html

but then, i can't tell for sure what you want to happen.

#include is for just bringing in raw content, no processing.
#parse is for bringing content in and having Velocity render it.  this
doesn't know what to do with JSP tags though.  ideally your base.inc
would be in Velocity syntax, not JSP.  then you could just use this

the ImportTool is for pulling down content from arbitrary absolute or
relative urls.  it is the only way to get JSP processed before
including its output in a Velocity template.