Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Baskar Duraikannu <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/10 18:54:43 UTC

Quorum reads and response time

I have a 3 node cluster with RF=3.  All nodes are running. I have a table
with 39 rows and ~44,000 columns evenly spread across 39 rows.

When I do range slice query on this table with consistency of one, it
returns the data back in about  ~600 ms.  I tried the same from all of the
3 nodes,no matter which node I ran it from, queries were answered in 600 ms
for consistency level of one.

But when I run the same query with consistency level as Quorum, it is
taking ~2.3 seconds.  It feels as if querying of the nodes are in sequence.

Is this normal?

Baskar Duraikannu

Re: Quorum reads and response time

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> But when I run the same query with consistency level as Quorum, it is taking ~2.3 seconds.  It feels as if querying of the nodes are in sequence.
No.

As Sankalp says look for GC issues. If none then take a look at how much data you are pulling back, and tell us what sort of query you are using.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand