Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Brain, Jim" <JB...@Aegonusa.com> on 2003/05/01 17:18:34 UTC

wsdl2Java questions

I have a doc/lit service and I have built a WSDL for it (pretty small one):

 <<AddressValidation.wsdl>>

My questions:

*	As you can see in the WSDL, I would like to have my doc lit service
throw a custom exception, but can't get it to work.  When I uncomment the
lines in the WSDL, it complains about a missing name parm on bindings, but
if I add that, it still complains
*	Beyond that, I noticed that the types AXIS created for the included
schema, have funky names:
o	The DeliveryAddress element is created as
PostalAddressType_DeliveryAddress.  Is there a way to skip prepending the
main object name?
o	The generated code uses arrays to deal with repeating
elements/types.  Is there a way to switch that to ArrayList?
o	In Castor, I can switch from "element" to "type" mode, that will
realize the elements differently.  Is there a way to do that in AXIS?
o	If none of this is possible, is there a way to use Castor generated
classes without having to go the Element[] route? And write the
deserialization code myself?
*	Finally, a feature request for 1.2 or so:  In wsdl2Java, it would be
nice to either:
o	Have an option to generate just the service skeleton, and name it
according to the Binding Name.  In my example, the server skel would be
named AddressValidator.  That way, users can switch from using the local
service to the stub by changing AddressValidator
a=AddressValidatorServiceLocator.getAddressValidator() to AddressValidator a
= new AddressValidator().
o	Or, modify ServiceLocator on the service skep piece to load the
actual Impl class, so users could switch from local use of the code to
remote use without changing any code.  IN this case, Stub code is not
needed, and would not be generated, but a special version of ServiceLocator
would be created, which would load the actual Impl class.  I like this
better, as it makes local/remote switch a non-event.

Jim

Jim Brain, jbrain@aegonusa.com <ma...@aegonusa.com>
"Researching tomorrow's decisions today."
(319) 369-2070 (work)
Systems Architect, ITS, AEGON Financial Partners