Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "G, Prashanthi" <pr...@uhc.com> on 2013/04/24 08:42:20 UTC

Writing data from HDFS to Tpae

I want to load my HDFS data directly to a tape or external storage device.

Please let me know if there is any way to do this.

Thanks,
Prashanthi.

Re: Writing data from HDFS to Tpae

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.
Can you do the following,
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <HDFS_FILE_PATH> <ABSOLUTE_PATH_OF_EXTERNAL_HD>

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
CalsoftLabs.

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.