Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/13 10:02:29 UTC

how to use the response assertion to find something in only one sub-sample (vers.2.3.4)?

Hi,

For this request:
loginRequest?username=x&userpass=y&ticket=z&_event=submit
In the result tree I get:
-home page
   |- loginRequest? all parameters as above
    -> set-cookies headers
   |- redirect1
    -> the cookies above were intrepreted and a new unique value is
generated to validate the login (this is done automatically)
    -> in the Header of the response Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=.+;
path=/blabla/ is received
   |- redirect2

I want to add to the sample request the following
|-> Response Assertion (options main sample only, main sample and
sub-samples or sub-samples only)
     - checkbox in Response Headers
     - look for: Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=.+;

I want to use the response assertion to check that JSESSIONID is
re-set after a successful login, for this example, or other things
specific to only one sub-sample, in general. So far, I wasn't
successful.
Is it possible to specify that if it is found in only one sub-sample ,
the assertion is PASSED? (I think in v2.3.2 if such an assertion  was
added it passed if it was found anywhere - not sure about this.)
Any ideas for a workaround to this if it is yet not possible?

Re: how to use the response assertion to find something in only one sub-sample (vers.2.3.4)?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
No difference to the server is what I meant .
regards
deepak

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.