Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Andre Schlegel-Tylla <an...@virtimo.de> on 2023/02/24 09:02:40 UTC

Custom distribution with Maven assembly has no license

Hello,

We create a custom Karaf distribution with Maven assembly (
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_custom_distributions). But in the
resulting archives the Apache license file is not included. Is this
intended? I think the license have to be included to match the Apache
license requirements. Or am I missing something?

Regards
Andre

Re: Custom distribution with Maven assembly has no license

Posted by Andre Schlegel-Tylla <an...@virtimo.de>.
For the record.

We currently manage this in our pom by using the download-maven-plugin:

<plugin>
    <groupId>com.googlecode.maven-download-plugin</groupId>
    <artifactId>download-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>${download-maven-plugin.version}</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>load-notice</id>
            <phase>compile</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>wget</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>

<url>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/karaf/karaf-${karaf.version}/NOTICE</url>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/assembly</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
        <execution>
            <id>load-license</id>
            <phase>compile</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>wget</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>

<url>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/karaf/karaf-${karaf.version}/LICENSE</url>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/assembly</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>