Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Valdemaras Repšys <de...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/21 16:35:37 UTC

How to format a data in table component cells?

Hi,

I'm new to Tapestry, just made a table using the contrib table
component. The data source to the table is a List of beans taken
straight from the SQL Database, columns include timestamps. And in the
date column full date is shown like this: 2006-01-01 00:00:00.0. I want
it to be: 2006-01-01

What is the easiest or the best way to format the date and other columns
using table component?

I find it a bit cumbersome to format the source itself, because I would
need one more class for bean special formatting code and other
troubles:]

Thank you in advance,
Valdemaras

Re: How to format a data in table component cells?

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
There have been many threads on this topic, one of the latest ones being
"Howto format date values within contrib:Table?". I would suggest to do
a search in the archives.

One of the suggestions in the emails was the following:

Something like this in the html template:
value="ognl:dataRow.accessTime"
format="ognl:dateFormater" />

In your page specification file :
  <property name="dateFormater"
        initial-value="new java.text.SimpleDateFormat('EEE, d MMM yy HH:mm')"/>

where accessTime is column ID.