Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> on 2003/07/09 01:26:28 UTC

FAQ vs wiki

I hope to remove the following (2) pages from the FAQ and move them to the Wiki:
   "How do I" http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/howto.html
and
   "Other resources"  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/links.html

It seems these 2 pages may change more often and may be better suited to
community editing. The How Do I page is also better suited to be part of the
tomcat docs. The Wiki could be a nice nesting area for future docs.

The new link for "Other Resources" will be
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Tomcat/Links and is already
linked off of http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Tomcat

I am slowly becoming a Wiki fan but can find it confusing at time so I am a
little concerned that those who need the FAQ the most might also be confused
by using a Wiki too.

I am also unsure of how friendly Google is to Wiki's since Google is
(probably) the main refer to anyone needing tomcat info/help.

Comments?

-Tim