Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bernstein, Eric" <Er...@ca.com> on 2002/08/28 17:53:41 UTC

Tomcat 3.3.1 Upgrade

I'm currently using Tomcat 3.3a on a project and wish to upgrade to
3.3.1.  The goal is to just replace the jar files in the lib directories
to minimize the impact of the change.  I have been using a tomcat 3.3a
installation with 3.3.1 jar files for the past couple of days without a
problem, but that doesn't always mean there isn't one.  Does anyone know
if this is a safe thing to do and what the possible problems may be?

Thanks,

-Eric

Eric Bernstein

Computer Associates

Programmer, Portal Development

Re: Tomcat 3.3.1 Upgrade

Posted by Bill Barker <re...@verizon.net>.
I'm not going to claim that it's 100% safe, but 3.3.1 is mostly a bug-fix
release over 3.3a.  However, AFAIK, no jars were added or removed between
the two so you are on pretty safe ground.  I don't remember what changed in
Jasper (but you can check the release-notes to see), so if you are using
JSPs, you might want to clear out the $TOMCAT_HOME/work directory just to be
safe.