Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dick Groskamp <di...@apache.org> on 2021/03/04 18:25:10 UTC

Is this a typo or is it intentional?

I'm definitely no developer but when I added the new Japanse era Reiwa to the file
openoffice-trunk/main/i18npool/source/calendar/calendar_gregorian.cxx,
I noticed this code:
132   Calendar_gregorian::Calendar_gregorian()
133   {
134      init(NULL);
135   }
136  Calendar_gregorian::Calendar_gregorian(Era *_earArray)
137  {
138      init(_earArray);
139  }
on line 140 it says however: Calendar_gregorian::init(Era *_eraArray)

It seems to me that _eraArray is right because it is used further on in the code.

QUESTION:
Are the *_earArray on line 136 and _earArray on line 138 intentional or are they typo's ?

Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me or at least check if it is correct as it is ?

Couldn't file an issue on GitHub so mentioned it here

Re: <code> Is this a typo or is it intentional?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Dick,

I just created a Pull Request for it and asked Arrigo for review:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/pull/123

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 05.03.21 um 12:33 schrieb Dick Groskamp:
> Rigo / Matthias,
>
> thanks for the info. Now I know that I saw it right then.
> I'm not touching the code as I have no idea how to fix it.
>
> On 2021/03/05 09:51:58, Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It really seems to be a typo and OpenGrok can only find two instances of it:
>>
>> http://opengrok.openoffice.org/search?project=trunk&full=%22_earArray%22&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=&type=&si=full
>>
>> So I think it would be without risk to correct this.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> Am 05.03.21 um 08:31 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:

>>> I think that "ear" instead of "era" is a typo.
>>>
>>> If you look at the corresponding include file
>>> main/i18npool/inc/calendar_gregorian.hxx at line 51:
>>>
>>> 45 class Calendar_gregorian : public CalendarImpl
>>> 46 {
>>> 47 public:
>>> 48
>>> 49    // Constructors
>>> 50    Calendar_gregorian();
>>> 51    Calendar_gregorian(Era *_eraArray);

Posted by Dick Groskamp <di...@apache.org>.
Rigo / Matthias,

Re: Is this a typo or is it intentional?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Dick,