Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Scott LeBlang <sl...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/27 20:45:18 UTC

Error Installing 4.9.1

I receive and error when attempting to install 4.9.1 via the SDK Installation App. It appears the MD5 signature doesn't match:

Version 2.0.2 (windows)
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from: http://www.bizdirusa.com/mirrors/apache/flex/4.9.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
Unable to clean up temporary installation directories
Installation aborted

Re: Error Installing 4.9.1

Posted by Scott LeBlang <sl...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, 3rd time was successful!

________________________________
> I receive and error when attempting to install 4.9.1 via the SDK
> Installation App. It appears the MD5 signature doesn't match:
>

> Version 2.0.2 (windows)
> Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
> Creating Apache Flex home
> Creating temporary directory
> Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
> http://www.bizdirusa.com/mirrors/apache/flex/4.9.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin.zip
> Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
> The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match
> the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
> Unable to clean up temporary installation directories
> Installation aborted

Scott,

It looks like the particular mirror site has the files corrupted.  The
Installer caught it and aborted the installation - which is the right thing
to do.

Please try the installation again - this will cause a different mirror site
to be selected.  Hopefully that mirror would be good.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Error Installing 4.9.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/27/13 1:42 PM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2013 1:16 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think the last time, Infra checked and the MD5 on the suspect mirror was
>> good and they thought it truly was a bad download which is why we do the
>> check in the first place.  Did you actually find a bad MD5 file on a
> mirror?
>>

> Not sure what you mean.  We never look at MD5 files on mirrors for
> verification.
Yeah, I don't remember all the details.  I think maybe they checked and
found that the binary was not corrupted, but was being delivered
incorrectly.

> The site in question had corrupted binaries which we found out by comparing
> the MD5 with that of the one from our dist site.
How do you check without just downloading the image?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Error Installing 4.9.1