Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jan Michael Greiner <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/02/24 14:35:03 UTC

Reverse proxy and jsf, virtual host mapping to subdirectory

Dear all,

I have a reverse proxy, that maps https://www.somedomain.com/ to my internal Tomcat, to https://192.168.0.5:8080/somedomain/ (and https://www.someotherdomain.org/ to https://192.168.0.5:8080/someotherdomain/).

Consider the two attaced simple jsf pages.

If you call https://www.somedomain.com/test.jsf, the generated HTML looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
        </a>

And the link does not work, because it should be just /test2.jsf.

The most straight forward solution that comes to my mind, is to configure virtual hosts in Tomcat.

But I would like to ask:

Is there a way, to solve this easily, without configuring virtual hosts in the internal tomcat?

Is it possible, to have h:link generate relative paths, or to statically configure the subdirectory name for JSF?

Best regards and thank you

Jan Michael Greiner

Re: Reverse proxy and jsf, virtual host mapping to subdirectory

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

i don't think we have a way to overwrite this behavior. I would try virtual
hosts.