Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2021/10/19 07:10:41 UTC

Jakarta XML binding

Hi,

A remaining task I wanted to do for the next Santuario release was to
update to the Jakarta XML Binding -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANTUARIO-548

However, with CXF I have e.g.

ava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jakarta/xml/bind/JAXBException
    at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.saml.StaxToDOMSamlTest.testSaml2SignedSenderVouches(StaxToDOMSamlTest.java:331)

Are there any plans to update to the Jakarta XML Binding for 2.5.0 or
is it planned for a future version? If not I can target the Santuario
fix for the next version.

Colm.

Re: Jakarta XML binding

Posted by Andrey Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Agree with Dan, our initial plan was to keep 3.5.x on javax.* and provide
full jakarta.* support in 4.x. Afaik, we have very limited support for
Jakarta namespaces, handler chains, etc but that is it.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Jakarta XML binding

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
It was something else, but I'm going to call a vote on Apache
Santuario 2.3.0 today, so we should be able to call a vote on CXF next
week sometime.

Colm.

Re: Jakarta XML binding

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.