Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Steve Dwire <sd...@pcsigroup.com> on 2003/11/14 19:32:00 UTC

Subversion Bindings

Now that Brane provided /include and /lib in the (I know, PRERELEASE)
0.33 binary package, I decided, "OK. I think it's time for me to make
those Visual Basic bindings we've been wanting to use.  Sad, sad, sad...
Visual Basic can't link to a static .lib library.

A while back there was a discussion about a single exported global
variable that was preventing the generation of Windows .DLL files.  As
far as I can tell, that thread just died without being completely
resolved.

Am I wrong?

Has anyone been able to generate Subversion .DLL files?  Can you tell me
how to do it?

Can anyone confirm that the problem still remains?

S_E_D

Re: Subversion Bindings

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Steve Dwire wrote:

>Now that Brane provided /include and /lib in the (I know, PRERELEASE)
>0.33 binary package, I decided, "OK. I think it's time for me to make
>those Visual Basic bindings we've been wanting to use.  Sad, sad, sad...
>Visual Basic can't link to a static .lib library.
>
>A while back there was a discussion about a single exported global
>variable that was preventing the generation of Windows .DLL files.  As
>far as I can tell, that thread just died without being completely
>resolved.
>
>Am I wrong?
>
>Has anyone been able to generate Subversion .DLL files?  Can you tell me
>how to do it?

Don't know; our .dsp generator definitely can't create build scripts for
DLLs.

>Can anyone confirm that the problem still remains?

Yes. We should really pitch in and extend the generator.