Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by M�ns af Klercker <ma...@tacton.com> on 2000/03/13 13:09:10 UTC

URI length question

Hi Everybody!

While making a Tomcat-based webapp I have noticed that Tomcat wont accept
URI:s longer than 1K. After mucking around in the code I found a (hardcoded)
1024 length byte array in BufferedServletInputStream#readline(). If this
indeed is where the URI length is determined, why is it set to 1024 instead
of, for example, 4096 which seems to be the standard in other servers and
also in browsers. An even better solution would of course be to enable the
admin to set the limit in the server.xml file.

If the above is wrong, could somebody please tell me how the maximum URI
length is set and how to change it.

Thanks in advance!
/Måns af Klercker
Tacton Systems AB, Saltmätargatan 7, 113 59 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone +46 8 690 07 50, Direct +46 8 690 07 56, Mobile +46 707 413940
mans.af.klercker@tacton.com | http://www.tacton.com