Posted to users@maven.apache.org by debuti <so...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/02 11:48:32 UTC

questions about maven2

Hi and happy new year!

I have two questions about maven2.

1) How to make a unique jar with all the dependencies, resources, etc. by
configuring maven? I tried the assembly plugin but i cant get it running :S

2)What would happen if one day the remote repo go offline? Our applications
can't be compiled again, i wonder if there is a way to save all the
dependencies of the preoject to a lib directory, each time you recompile..
is it?

Thanks :)

Re: questions about maven2

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM, debuti <so...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1) How to make a unique jar with all the dependencies, resources, etc. by
> configuring maven? I tried the assembly plugin but i cant get it running :S

It sounds like the Assembly plugin's jar-with-dependencies option
might be what you need.  If you still need help, start a new thread
with more info about what you tried and what happened.

> 2)What would happen if one day the remote repo go offline? Our applications
> can't be compiled again,

For an open source project, depending on the central repo is
preferable, but for anything else, especially corporate development,
you need a remote repository under your own control, backed up, etc.,
so that it can't just disappear.

You can start with a simple filesystem or webserver, then take a look
at the various repository managers such as Archiva, Nexus, and
Artifactory which have more features you'll need.

>  i wonder if there is a way to save all the
> dependencies of the preoject to a lib directory, each time you recompile..
> is it?

Take a look at the Dependency plugin for this, but it wouldn't be very
useful wrt being able to compile your project again.  A better choice
would be the Assembly plugin to create a zip file in remote repository
format (with poms and metadata) for all the dependencies.

--
Wendy