Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by manish khandelwal <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/27 09:52:32 UTC

Table with 'compact storage' is not shown in "describe table" output in cqlsh

Hi All

As I understand there was a plan to drop *Compact Storage* support
with *Cassandra
4* but later few issues were identified which resulted in continued support
for Compact Storage in Cassandra 4. My cluster with a few old "compact
storage" tables  was able to come up with Cassandra 4.0.5. But when I
described those tables it gave me a warning

*Warning: Table keyspace_name.table_name omitted because it has constructs
not compatible with CQL (was created via legacy API).Approximate structure,
for reference:(this should not be used to reproduce this schema*)

The original schema is not printed. I find no issue querying the table,
only the schema is not shown.* Is it the expected behaviour for Cassandra 4
for compact tables? *

 DROP COMPACT STORAGE is not stable and marked experimental , another
option is to migrate tables but that might require changes at client side
as well.

Regards
Manish

Re: Table with 'compact storage' is not shown in "describe table" output in cqlsh

Posted by manish khandelwal <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

Could this be due to how "DESC" functionality changed via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14825?  Earlier client
drivers were creating schema so in the 3.11.x version, we were able to see
the schema of COMPACT tables but now in Cassandra 4.0.x we are seeing the
warning.

Regards
Manish