Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alain Tésio <at...@nexfi.fr> on 2004/11/09 16:26:34 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyRequets Off and proxy requests return own pages instead of an error

Hi,

On apache 1.3.26 (currently in debian stable):

I have a virtual server with ProxyRequests Off and some Proxy Pass
directives which proxy requests to java servers.

I see a lot of successful proxy attempts in the logs, when I set
my browser to use my server as a proxy, I see it renders its own
page where I expected an error (so it's not really usable
as a proxy but this wastes my bandwidth)

194.100.210.156 - - [09/Nov/2004:07:59:52 -0700]
"GET http://www.google.com/ HTTP/1.1" 200 46858 "-"
"Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0-alpha2" 1 www.bs-factory.com

46858 is in fact the size of the homepage http://www.bs-factory.com/

I've tried this, it does't help:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^http /missing [F]

Is it the expected behaviour, any suggestion ?

Thanks
Alain

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyRequets Off and proxy requests return own pages instead of an error

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:26:34 +0100, Alain Tésio <at...@nexfi.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On apache 1.3.26 (currently in debian stable):
>
> I have a virtual server with ProxyRequests Off and some Proxy Pass
> directives which proxy requests to java servers.
>
> I see a lot of successful proxy attempts in the logs, when I set
> my browser to use my server as a proxy, I see it renders its own
> page where I expected an error (so it's not really usable
> as a proxy but this wastes my bandwidth)
>
> 194.100.210.156 - - [09/Nov/2004:07:59:52 -0700]
> "GET http://www.google.com/ HTTP/1.1" 200 46858 "-"
> "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0-alpha2" 1 www.bs-factory.com
>
> 46858 is in fact the size of the homepage http://www.bs-factory.com/
>
> I've tried this, it does't help:
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^http /missing [F]
>
> Is it the expected behaviour, any suggestion ?

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#proxyscan

Joshua.